Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Commercials with a BOOM!

Based on the video we saw in class, commerials should have the Boom Factor.  From what I understand, the Boom Factor is that element that makes your commercial stand out or compels viewers or listeners to look and listen to what you have to say.  We are overwhelmed with information which makes deciding where to eat, what to do, what to watch, and what to buy difficult.  As a marketer, you have to make sure that consumers see and hear you.  Advertisements in print or online and commercials in TV or radio should be different from your competitor.  It should go BOOM! so people will take notice.
 
We watched commercials by Mountain Dew, Coca-cola, and other big brands. I would like to share the Mountain Dew commercial because I had goosebumps when I first saw it and Bohemian Rhapsody is one of my favorite songs.

Thanks to CulturePub.
They/he/she posts interesting advertising-related videos.

Now we go to the Coca-cola commercials.  As you can see from watching these videos, Coke is always shown as something that is part of our life.  It triggers our emotion which makes us listen.  I'm not really a fan of Coke.  I drink Pop Cola when available.  However, Coke has affected me psychologically because whenever I drink softdrinks, I feel refreshed or better.  A celebration is lacking if there is no Coke (or similar drinks).
 
This is from 1971.  Youths from all over the world (I believe) are singing "I'd like to teach the world to sing" but Coke version.  It's like Coke unites the world.
 
 

This is Joe Green from the 1979 commercial. See how it shows a little kid bring a smile to the "mean" player with a Coke.

 
 
This next Coca-cola commercial makes me nostalgic.  I remember watching it 9 years ago and trying to imitate them.  I never did get it right.  For me this reflects friendship and wanting Coke so much you never give up.
 
Thanks to ADman:  Ito Ang Beat
 
Last but not the least, the Coke commercial from 2011 that made me cry.  This is the OFW Project of coming home.
 

There are many other ways you can make an impact aside from eliciting the emotions of the viewers and listeners.  I will post some more next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment